Please call Delwar Hussain on 0207 483 8644 to discuss your case.
Delwar qualified as a solicitor in March 2019 and joined Canfields Law in June 2019 having obtained a distinction in the Legal Practice Course joint with a Masters. He has extensive experience and specialises in litigation matters ranging from business/corporate litigation to debt recovery matters. He regularly deals with cases in the High Court of Justice but also deals with cases in the County Court. Delwar also specialises in employment matters and has represented both employers and employees in complex disputes. In addition, Del often receives instructions on family law and housing matters.
Delwar is regularly praised as being a friendly and approachable solicitor to instruct as well as handling client matters in a unique, adaptive style and achieving goals for clients.
In his spare time, Delwar enjoys playing and watching football as well as cricket.
Our fees for debt recovery are charged at an hourly rate. Del charges £200 per hour plus VAT. We are unable to give you an estimate of the number of hours which will be spent on your matter until you provide us with all the information relevant to your case(e.g. the contract, relevant correspondence , invoices etc).
In addition you will have to pay disbursements, which are costs payable by us to a third party, for example Court fees or barristers fees, as in some cases we may have to instruct a barrister. The barrister’s fee will depend on the complexity of the case and their experience and could range from £150.00 to £600.00. The barrister will be instructed, if necessary, to advise on the case, prepare the claim and attend the Court hearing.
We would discuss the choice of barrister and negotiate a fee which is acceptable to you.
If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs.
We may be able to offer a fixed fee in some cases depending.
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to the Court fee depends on the value of the claim .
You can calculate the Court fee by following the link https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/court-fees
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation.
- Undertaking appropriate searches.
- Sending a letter before action.
- Receiving payment and sending on to you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing a claim.
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default.
- When Judgement in default is received, write to the other side to request payment.
- If payment is not received within X days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs.
Matters take 2-15 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the claim is not defended and the other side pays promptly or on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.